Our belief is that the ISO 55000 asset management standard is a methodology that, when deployed across the whole enterprise, realises real business benefits.
It is a business tool that can inform leaders about decisions related to the costs, risks and performance of their assets.
The business benefits of implementing the standard are:
- Improved services for clients and stakeholders.
- More transparency and accountability for performance
- Better quality information when making decisions about asset investment, risks and costs
- Improved win rate in capital planning submissions
We assist organisations to deploy the ISO 55000 standard by taking a long view. We ask clients where they want to be five years from now with their assets. We sit down with the leadership team and map their goals and discuss the gaps that exist that may prevent them getting there. We facilitate the leadership vision and quantify the value to the organisation.
We believe that clarifying the business rationale is a fundamental step to take before you start the journey.
The strategic plan becomes a vision with clear objectives, metrics and timescales and includes a roadmap that has a specific horizon, with scope and goals that are decided as part of an overall business transformation.
We provide a goal oriented approach that can be used in its entirety or in part.
Our approach comprises five work streams that bind the methodology to the enterprise functions:
- Policy and strategy enablement, providing strategic consulting that defines the intent, readiness, “As Is” state, sets the goals and prepares the organisation to go on the journey.
- Lifecycle Management, building the roadmap to integrate maintenance practices into the asset management system that enable data driven decisions around cost, risk and performance of assets
- Cross asset planning & management, reviewing other organisational management systems, their assets, identifying gaps and facilitating business integration.
- IT integration designing the business and functional requirements for new and existing IT platforms and facilitating the deployment and operationalisation of systems.
- Enablers & change management delivering documentation, training, mentoring and facilitation services that enable cultural change throughout the organisation. This stream deals with stakeholder management.
The program involves implementing a number of work streams that provide the basis for the development of asset management capabilities within the client’s organisation.
Innovative Thinking (IT) provides the program framework and the capabilities, depending on the requirements of the client.
We suggest that this approach enables the agency to drive change from the top and support change through the different organisational functions, all of which are involved in delivering their piece of the puzzle, so that business integration with existing systems is realistic and achievable. It’s about taking the organisation on a journey and being able to measure progress at each stage in a transparent and planned way.
We are active in the water, transportation, central government and health sectors providing consulting services that assist clients to deepen their understanding of asset management and help deploy effective practices.
Organisations are at different stages on the journey but all face the same challenges; undertaking strategic planning, training, project management and attempting to achieve return on investment at each stage.
Our approach enables the financial burden and change management impacts to be calculated and spread over a set period, smoothing deployment challenges. This approach is not just a good idea, it is required by Treasury and detailed guidance is provided in the Asset Management Accountability Framework compliance document and Guidance material – version 1 released by Treasury in February 2016.
Here is an explanation of the benefits that can be gained by implementing the ISO 55001 asset management systems requirements.